Announcing: D support in SWIG

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Thu Dec 9 18:53:45 PST 2010

On 10/12/2010 01:27, klickverbot wrote:
> Regarding your specific problem: Generally speaking, operator
> overloading is WIP (hopefully I find time to implement it for D2 during
> the weekend), but implicit conversions can't really be mapped to D
> anyway, so just use the %rename directive of SWIG to map the implicit
> conversion operator to a regular member function like »asHwnd()«.

Whatever it is, or will be, I don't care. It is just that IMHO we need a
discussion platform.

I think it is not an egoistic point of view to ask for support. I guess
serious questions will make SWIG 4 D more reliable.

Just a suggestion : why not use the D WIKI for FAQ, Documentation links
and HOW TO s.

I would further like to suggest that we! add a real world
windows_sample.i plus windows_sample.h file in order to explain how to
deal with HWND, LPCTSTR, DWORD  respective
CWnd* GetCWndFromMap(HWND hWnd); etc..

will send you a short(promised) email David
Once again, thanks for such a nice piece of work.
Bjoern