DMDScript now on D2

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Dec 16 18:00:43 PST 2010

"Brian Hay" <bhay at construct3d.com> wrote in message
news:ieecsp$1ej5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 17/12/2010 2:14 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> I decided I'll take a risk to announce my work on porting DMDScript,
>> that is ECMA-262 script engine.
>
> Nice!
>
> As few seem to read the DMDScript newsgroup, here's my last post as it
> seems relevant to this topic.
>
> ===================================
>
> There's a JavaScript arms race going on (as I'm sure many of you are
> aware). The competing JS engines of the major browsers are leap-frogging
> each other in performance every few months it seems.
>
> http://www.conceivablytech.com/4472/products/chrome-10-posts-huge-performance-jump/
>
> It would be so cool (and a huge showcase for the D Programming Language)
> if DMDScript was in that performance race and beating the big guns.
>
> Possible?

First step, of course, would be to run those benchmarks on DMDScript. Though
everyone probably knows I'm a rather vocal anti-fan of JS, even I'd be very
interested to see how DMDScript currently stacks up to the rest. I'd laugh
my ass off if after all this time of not a whole lot of work on DMDScript
besides the port to D2 (unless I'm mistaken), if it still managed to be on
par with or beat all those others that have been pounding their chests and
bashing each other over the head.