dmd 1.066 and 2.051 release

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Dec 21 02:06:54 PST 2010

I see several little steps forward for D/DMD in this release :-)
For the next few releases I suggest to focus the efforts on the bug-fixing efforts that may break future D2 code a little. It's _much_ better to break it now that later.

Some comments:
- dmd2\windows\bin contains an almost empty .exe file.
- Issue 2751: wasn't it fixed in 2.027?
- Issue 3112: even associative array lookups and failed asserts... I didn't know this.
- I have closed bug 5020. 4773 depends on it.

Regarding Issue 3554, this program, compiled with -w:

/// Return a random number in [0, 10)
void foo() {}
void main() {}

Prints:
test3.d(2): Warning: Ddoc: Stray ')'. This may cause incorrect Ddoc output. Use $(RPAREN) instead for unpaired right parentheses.

But the generated HTML is correct. So is the warning necessary still?

Bye,
bearophile