dmd 1.066 and 2.051 release

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 14:01:45 PST 2010

Caligo wrote:
 > Why are they calling it RedBlackTree? why not Set?  C++ std::set is a
 > red-black tree as far as I know, but they named it set.

std::set uses a red-black tree in most (all?) C++ standard library
implementations; so does std::map.

Neither "is a" red-black tree. They use red-black trees in their
implementations. They could very well be implemented as a simple binary
tree as well. The C++ standard spells out algorithmic complexities of
operations on standard containers, but not actual implementations.

Ali