boxen - a media player written in D (preview)

Michael Mittner m.mittner at shebang.at
Tue Feb 9 12:47:13 PST 2010

Hi!

I have hacked together a preview version of the media player I'm working on.
It's developing rather nicely and last weekend I was able to tie together a
lot of loose ends. The project is in a presentable state for the first time
now, so I wanted to just release a quick preview for the D community before
starting the next round of refactoring.

Unfortunately it's currently Windows only and you need an audio interface
with ASIO for it. If you like to try it out please fell free to download.
There's also a PDF in the archive with some more information.

http://boxen.shebang.at/download/boxen_preview_dev14.zip

I would be glad if you guys could have a look at it and tell me what you
think. If you are affiliated with one of the open source projects I use
(Cairo, FFmpeg) please forgive me that I haven't yet put in the proper
attribution. I'm planning on making the first "official" release after the
next round of refactoring, and I will put in the relevant notices then.

Regards,
Mike