boxen - a media player written in D (preview)

bobef aasd.aasdasd.asd.ad.ad.as.d.a at asdasdas.das.da.d.ad.sa.d
Wed Feb 10 00:28:10 PST 2010

Michael Mittner Wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have hacked together a preview version of the media player I'm working on.
> It's developing rather nicely and last weekend I was able to tie together a
> lot of loose ends. The project is in a presentable state for the first time
> now, so I wanted to just release a quick preview for the D community before
> starting the next round of refactoring.
>
> Unfortunately it's currently Windows only and you need an audio interface
> with ASIO for it. If you like to try it out please fell free to download.
> There's also a PDF in the archive with some more information.
>
> http://boxen.shebang.at/download/boxen_preview_dev14.zip
>
> I would be glad if you guys could have a look at it and tell me what you
> think. If you are affiliated with one of the open source projects I use
> (Cairo, FFmpeg) please forgive me that I haven't yet put in the proper
> attribution. I'm planning on making the first "official" release after the
> next round of refactoring, and I will put in the relevant notices then.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

It requires zlib1.dll (not in the package). Blue screened my xp sp2 twice. Something audio driver related. Even when not crashing it is not playing anything I drop on it.