dpldocs.info - easy redirect to phobos docs

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 20:43:09 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 08:47:03PM -0500, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Sounds great!
>
> Another neat thing would be jumping to documentation on D's predefined
> tokens, identifiers and operators. I can't tell you how many times I've gone
> nuts trying to search for the documentation on "is"!

Yes, it would definitely be nice. It is a bit harder to find the right page
for them though.

I eyeballed a handful of ones I look up a lot and special cased them in
the website. When I write the full search and have the time to index up
some keywords (some can be automatically pulled out of ddoc, but some
will have to be done by humans to give decent results), it will get better.

Here's the ones I just added:

    is() expressions: http://dpldocs.info/is
              traits: http://dpldocs.info/traits
      array literals: http://dpldocs.info/array
   function literals: http://dpldocs.info/function
             structs: http://dpldocs.info/struct
             classes: http://dpldocs.info/class
operator overloading: http://dpldocs.info/op
           templates: http://dpldocs.info/template

I also just changed it to direct you to the module page if you don't give
a function:

http://dpldocs.info/std.traits  <-- brings you to the traits page
http://dpldocs.info/std.traits.isIntegral <-- to the function specifically

And:

http://dpldocs.info/phobos or http://dpldocs.info/std brings you to the
Phobos homepage.

You can also type any of these into the box on the homepage, of course.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net