dpldocs.info - easy redirect to phobos docs

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 10:11:20 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 11:59:25AM +0000, Michal Minich wrote:
> This is quite advanced doc search for Haskell. In the example link I
> search for function that convert int to string, but generally it takes
> any part of of the function signature, and tries to return best matches.

A complication with this for Phobos is templates. Given a signature like:

T to(T, S)(S s);

What would match that? The search engine perhaps could understand templates
and their constraints, but I'd still expect a lot of false positives or false
negatives.

If it is just input and output, I'd expect

int indexOf(string);

To get a higher score than the to!() template, too but that isn't accurate
for what the user intended.

It'd be cool if it worked, but I think it would take a lot of time to code
up something that works well. What I have in mind here is a list of weighted
keywords - an easy implementation that will hopefully give good enough
results after the initial database population.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net