dmd 1.055 and 2.039 release

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jan 3 16:56:12 PST 2010

Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
> Walter Bright Wrote:
>
>> Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
>>> This patch is no longer relevant. Here is the patch
>>> http://pastebin.com/m1bed188d that fixes compiling QtD with the
>>> current dmd (I also have to apply a patch from #3600). However I
>>> cannot really file a bug as I cannot reduce it to a testcase of a
>>>  reasonable size. Any chance that this patch can be applied?
>>> Shall I submit it to the bugzilla then?
>> You should still submit it to bugzilla, because often someone else
>> is able to cut them down to size.
>
> There is only 2 of us working on QtD and there has not been interest
> from anyone to help with it.

Interest from people waxes and wanes, I wouldn't be concerned if it was
wane at the moment. The advantage to Bugzilla is it sits there, sails
up, ready for when the wind blows. The n.g., however, is very topical,
and old news scrolls away and out of sight.

> QtD contains more than 500 auto
> generated classes/modules with tons of methods and
> inter-dependencies. It's not easy at all. Consider it as an example
> of real word application with a million lines of code. If not
> Rainer's tremendous help, I would have given up with the development
> of QtD a while ago. He was only able to help me because he used QtD
> as a stress test.

You and Rainer have been very valuable contributors to the quality of D.