D compiler as part of GCC

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jan 18 01:40:12 PST 2010

Jerry Quinn:
> I'm interested in creating a D front end for GCC that would be part of the GCC codebase.

What about helping LDC devs create a good D2 implementation instead? It's probably 1/5 or 1/10 of the work you think about, because lot of work is already done, and surely some people will help you (me too).

There's Dil, DMD, GDC, LDC, D#, etc, but one good, debugged and well optimizing fully open source D2 compiler is much better than ten broken and/or badly optimizing D compilers.

Bye,
bearophile