GDC-newbies

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Jan 22 00:06:51 PST 2010

Thank you Steve Teale, I have installed gdc on an Ubuntu with no problems at all, a smoother installation compared to LDC :-)
It's a lot of time I don't use gdc (and I used it on Windows), so I've done some not-synthetic benchmarks. In all of them LDC produced faster or quite faster programs :-)

Is stdlib.RAND_MAX correct on both Windows and Linux, gdc, ldc, dmd1 and dmd2? I have had some troubles caused by it in the last year. I think both Tango and dmd have fixed it now, but I have not tested it in all situations yet.

Bye,
bearophile