D web site facelift

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Sat Jul 3 02:33:10 PDT 2010

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 03:55:33 +0300, Walter Bright
> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> David Gileadi was kind enough to spend some time redesigning the look
>> of the D web site. A preview of it is up on
>> d-programming-language.org. This isn't about the content, just the
>> look/style/feel.
>
> Because no one thought to do this yet:
>
> http://browsershots.org/http://www.d-programming-language.org/
>
> Now, what's everyone complaining about font sizes? Except for the
> citation block, the font size looks pretty much the same to me on all
> screenshots (except on Firefox 2.x, where they're slightly smaller -
> you're not using that obsolete browser, are you?).

	The problem is that font sizes are a personal preference. The main
text of the page should be left at the default in order to pick the
size from the user settings.

> Also, please do not add JavaScript page elements that change the page
> layout when loaded. When the Google Translate and "reddit this" buttons
> finish loading, they expand the size of their container, which
> shifts/rewraps the page on the text - which is annoying if I already
> started reading it. (At the very least, fix the size of the floating
> container box, so its size stays constant.)

	+1 and remove the google translate bar which appears at the top of
the page if your browser doesn't use english as the default language.

	Other than that, this is a huuge improvement on the current web
site. It looks a lot more serious and professional.

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr
Jabber: jeberger at jabber.fr