D web site facelift

JimBob jim at bob.com
Sat Jul 3 02:48:18 PDT 2010

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:i0m1qa$2vad$1 at digitalmars.com...
> David Gileadi was kind enough to spend some time redesigning the look of
> the D web site. A preview of it is up on d-programming-language.org. This
> isn't about the content, just the look/style/feel.
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> Please don't put links to anything other than the front page yet, as the
> organization may change.

It's a bit bland, lacking in contrast between the colors. Makes me think of
the colors of desert camoflage.

Look at these

http://www.slate.com/id/2258128/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andean_Condor
http://docs.python.org/py3k/

Then look at

http://www.d-programming-language.org/

Maybe you can see what I mean. Anything that has a lots of text needs more
contrast between text and background. And generally you find most
profesional sites have 2 or 3 *different* colors, and then maybe a few more
shades of those. Not just 3 shades of the same color.