D web site facelift

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 11:54:14 PDT 2010

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > I didn't see any of the glitchiness or google-translate stuff that other
> > people saw (on IE7, FF2, or Iron). Although, from the screenshot someone
> > else posted of the translate-bar, I'm glad it's not showing up for me. (I
> > really wish people would stop loading up their pages with Google's crap.)
>
> I like the translate widget! I've always been enamored with the idea of a
> universal translator.

Unfortunately a lot of the translator's output ends up being quite comedical. It tends to mix up past tense, future tense, and sometimes leaves the output in English. In other cases some words tend to have multiple meaning in other languages and depend on context in order to be translated.

But I think this is almost always the case with technical documentation.