D web site facelift

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 13:24:46 PDT 2010

On 07/02/2010 06:16 PM, Adam Ruppe wrote:
> On 7/2/10, Walter Bright<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>  wrote:
>> What browser are you using? In IE it renders well, and I'm picky about that
>> sort of thing.
>
> I tried both Konqueror and Firefox and found the body text to look
> bad, worse in Firefox (probably because I set konqueror to ignore font
> sizes specified in websites, but the color there didn't make me happy
> either).
>
> On Internet Explorer, the size looks OK, but the menu text has poor
> contrast. The mouse hover color looks better than the regular color.

I'm using Firefox without problems in reading the text (on Linux),
but... well...

The design certainly looks more elegant, but it feels "noisier", and it
feels like it would take more time to locate the information one was
looking for.

This looks more like a marketing publication, and those things aren't
designed to convey much information.  Just the feel of information.

I think there's a good reason that manuals are traditionally as simple
as possible, and it's to cut down on the time it takes to recognize what
you're looking for.