D web site facelift

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Jul 4 13:37:39 PDT 2010

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 20:57:42 +0300, Jérôme M. Berger <jeberger at free.fr>
wrote:

> 	Actually, browsers do both. For example in Firefox, you can go to
> Edit->Preferences->Content on Linux (or Tools->Preferences->Contents
> on Windows) and you have a pair of fields called "Default Font" and
> "Default Font Size" which allow setting a default font. Browsers
> have had this feature since I started using the web in 96. Since a
> lot of web sites force their own fonts, browsers have added more
> recently the ability to zoom on a page (and for some browsers, you
> can even remember the zoom level on a page-by-page basis). But this
> zoom function is mostly a hack to work around poorly designed web sites.

Thanks, forgot about that one. I guess that creates the dilemma of either
making your website honor custom settings, or get it to look the same on
all browsers. I guess d-programming-language.org uses relative font sizes,
otherwise there wouldn't be so many contradicting complaints about the
font being either too small or too large...

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net