D web site facelift

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Tue Jul 6 10:22:58 PDT 2010

Michel Fortin wrote:
> On 2010-07-05 18:41:25 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> said:
>
>> It appears on the left-hand side for me.
>
> He wasn't talking about that one.

	No I wasn't. There is a small drop-down box and button in the
left-hand menu which is perfectly fine by me and a large bar on top
which isn't.

> If you set the preferred language of your browser (or in some cases your
> OS) to something else than English, you'll see a big light-blue Google
> Translate bar at the top proposing you to translate the page in whatever
> preferred language you have. If your browser is set to English as the
> preferred language (same as the page), it doesn't appear.
>
> The three screenshots I posted earlier shows what the bar is like:
>
> http://michelf.com/img/shots/d-website-1.png
> http://michelf.com/img/shots/d-website-2.png
> http://michelf.com/img/shots/d-website-3.png
>
> That was the earlier design, but the bar is still there with this
> improved design and shift everything downwards when it appears,
> approximatively one second after the page has loaded.

	And what's worse: my browser is configured to accept English, just
at a lower priority. My language settings are set to: fr_FR, fr,
en_GB, en_US, en which should mean that I'm perfectly happy to read
in English if French is not available. I certainly *don't* want to
read an automatic translation!

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr