D web site facelift

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:23:57 PDT 2010

On 7/7/10, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
> (I'm not sure that JS by
> itself can maintain any state between pages. If it can, that's news to me.

Javascript can set and retreive its own cookies. My homepage uses a
javascript gimmick with cookies to change its whole stylesheet.
http://arsdnet.net/ bottom of the left menu, needs javascript. Note
that the "classic" link removes the sidebar, so probably best not to
click it.

Note that it sets a cookie to remember your preference as you move
around the site, which is all static html.

IMO, the ideal way for users to choose their own font is to not bother
with any special code at all. People who want different fonts can just
change their browser settings. If your code says "monospace" and a
user says "that font sucks", you're complete in the right (if you ask
me) to reply "fix your browser".