This just in: authorless TDPL becomes collector's edition

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Jul 9 06:07:41 PDT 2010

On 09/07/2010 07:30, Rory McGuire wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:49:37 +0200, Bruno Medeiros
> <brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:
>
>> On 01/06/2010 18:59, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Due to a pretty odd mistake at the printer, the first 1000 copies of
>>> TDPL will not have the name of the author on their cover. (The name
>>> still appears on the back cover and the spine.)
>>>
>>> The history of printing is rife with rare printing mistakes that have
>>> become collector's editions. Preorder now to be among the first 1000
>>> readers who get the authorless TDPL edition.
>>>

>>> Andrei
>>
>> Strangely enough, the InformIT pre-purchase print books haven't
>> shipped yet, the book is still listed as in Rough Cut status. Wonder
>> how much longer it will take.
>>

> When I bought mine it still said rough cut, but I received the
> collector's edition.

You got yours already? That's odd.
Hum, I checked the InformIT again, search for TDPL, and there are two
"books" listed, the roughs cuts, and final one. That's odd, only the
final one should appear. Do you know which one you purchased, are you
sure it was the rough cuts?

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer