This just in: authorless TDPL becomes collector's edition

Rory McGuire rmcguire at neonova.co.za
Fri Jul 9 13:14:35 PDT 2010

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:07:41 +0200, Bruno Medeiros
<brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:

> On 09/07/2010 07:30, Rory McGuire wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:49:37 +0200, Bruno Medeiros
>> <brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:

>>> Strangely enough, the InformIT pre-purchase print books haven't
>>> shipped yet, the book is still listed as in Rough Cut status. Wonder
>>> how much longer it will take.
>>>

>> When I bought mine it still said rough cut, but I received the
>> collector's edition.
>
> You got yours already? That's odd.
> Hum, I checked the InformIT again, search for TDPL, and there are two
> "books" listed, the roughs cuts, and final one. That's odd, only the
> final one should appear. Do you know which one you purchased, are you
> sure it was the rough cuts?

Okay it wasn't rough cuts, I went to andre's site which used to show
a huge picture of his kid with the book and clicked on a link to informit
 from there, that page seems to have changed but here the link to informit:
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321635361

I clicked on the Buy button next to the Book. Was shipped within 24 hours,
got it
within 7 days or so and I'm in South Africa (Amazon says it takes a month
to deliver).