dflplot 0.01

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 01:38:43 PDT 2010

Hmm, my first reply seems lost in limbo...

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 06:40, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In the spirit of making D2 a first-rate scientific computing language, I
> have
> just uploaded the first usable version of my DFL-based dflplot  plotting
> library to Scrapple.
>

> For those who don't want to install dflplot, dfl and dstats (dstats is
> necessary only for the demo/test function and is otherwise not a
> dependency)
> but are curious what dflplot currently looks like, I've attached a
> screenshot
> of a subplot window produced by the demo/test function.

Hey, cool!

I had no trouble installing DFL. Man, I tried that 2-3 times in the past 2
years, to no avail. Now it works, woohoo! Now to get some keyboard shortcut
on Code::Blocks to compile with DFL instead of DMD...

Dflplots works quite well for me and is very simple to use. Good work,
David!

import std.random;
import dflplot;

void main() {

    auto rnd = uniformDistribution(1000);
    auto rnd2 = uniformDistribution(1000);

    auto scat = ScatterPlot(rnd, rnd2);
    scat.pointSymbol = '.';
    scat.toFigure.showAsMain();
}

As you can see, I use a dot for symbol, it give nice graphics. Maybe with
slightly excentered points... I attached a jpeg to my first reply, and maybe
that's why it didn't pass.

Out of curiosity, as I don't know DFL, why do you draw everything as text in
a scatterplot instead of using small rectangles or lines?

This made me laugh:

/**Hack around ddoc issues.)*/
void dummy() {}

Do you have a missing ')' parenthesis somewhere?

Philippe