Plot2Kill 0.02

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jul 18 14:06:08 PDT 2010

"dsimcha" <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:i1voke$2i9k$1 at digitalmars.com...
> I've successfully ported dflplot to gtkD and gotten it to the point where
> it
> works in every way (except speed/memory use; gtkD is a little
> slow/resource
> hungry) at least as well as the original DFL version.  Now that I can't
> call
> it dflplot anymore because it supports multiple GUI libs, I'm calling it
> Plot2Kill.  The status of the DFL version hasn't changed since I
> originally
> posted about dflplot.  Here's what works and what needs work, with respect
> the gtkD version wherever there's a difference:

I love the new name. And if it ends up being a "killer app" (or really a
"killer lib") for D, or for data plotting in general, then the name would be
all the more appropriate :).

This could also be great for providing better benchmarking data (See:
http://www.zedshaw.com/essays/programmer_stats.html ). D could use this to
help lead the way in statistically-meaningful benchmark data.