Plot2Kill 0.02

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Sun Jul 18 15:32:29 PDT 2010

On 19/07/2010 00:01, BLS wrote:
> On 18/07/2010 22:36, dsimcha wrote:
>> heat maps
>
> Sorry for my ignorance,
> What are heat maps good for ?
>
> Since I am more biz software guy, here my question.
>
> Let's say I have this relation
>  >A Project can have several Cost Centers.
>  >A Cost Center can have several cost items.
>
> I our sample . Project -P- has say, 10 cost centers.
> Cost Center no 1 takes already 60 percent.
> The other cost centers (2-10) just take between 10 (blue) and 20 (green)
> percent.
>
> -- So I want to color cost center no 1 related items in red.. . and the
> max percentage item in cost center no 2 dark red.
> CC No 1 = {5,20,20,15}
>
> Is this what a heat map is made for ?
>
> and sorry , best example I am able to give atm..
> bjoern

My guess was okay, Heat maps are also made for this use case. so no need
to answer.

Since Tree maps are not that different from Heat maps, do you have any
plans to implement them too ?

Next, Do you have any ideas about zooming ? (zooming a plotting region) ?

and before I forget it again.. Good work David!
bjoern