SQLite 3.6.23.1 wrapper + connector

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 15:57:39 PDT 2010

== Quote from awishformore (awishformore at gmail.com)'s article
> Hello there.
> I've converted the .h file of the latest SQLite version to .d and I
> thought I'd let the world know (as suggested on IRC ;). Maybe it will
> save someone some work.
> I've also written a nice connector class that wraps all the C functions
> for convenient use in your application. It's very basic, but I will
> probably add more features (like automatic preparation of statements and
> automatic caching of several prepared statements) later.
> For the time being both files are included in the download:
> http://nexunity.com/sqlite4d.rar
> I'm pretty new to this kind of stuff, so what I did to get it to work
> was compiling the latest SQLite dll from source with dmc and then link
> the .obj file into my app ( http://nexunity.com/sqlite3.obj ).
> I'm sure there is a better way like compiling it as static lib (dmc
> complained about no entry point) or having some kind of other file to
> link into your app in order for it to compile and then use the dll. I
> however couldn't figure it out and it works for me. Don't hesitate to
> teach me nonetheless.
> Any kind of feedback is always appreciated.
> Greetings, Max.

Awesome.  D1, D2 or both?  I've wanted a simple database for some time now, but
been too lazy to write bindings or find one one myself, which encourages me to
roll my own ad-hoc formats instead.  Given that sqlite is in the public domain,
maybe Phobos should eventually include SQLite + a nice D-ish wrapper for it, so
that people can use it w/o creating dependency hell in their projects.