Emerging Languages Conference next week!

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Jul 23 17:49:22 PDT 2010

Walter Bright:
> Inforworld writeup on it mentions D on page 2:
> http://www.infoworld.com/d/developer-world/mirah-brings-ruby-niceties-java-430

>From the text:

>The idea with D is to push complexity into the compiler so user code is simple and elegant, he said.<

It's the first time I read such comment about D :-) I am not sure it's a right comment. Lately I have seen the opposite, moving complex numbers and associative arrays out of the compiler...

>Many companies use it, but they do not advertise their use, Bright said.<

Really? ^_^ I didn't know this.

More comments about the event (that looks pretty interesting), D commented on page 2:
http://olabini.com/blog/2010/07/emerging-languages-camp-day-1/
http://olabini.com/blog/2010/07/emerging-languages-camp-day-2/

Bye,
bearophile