Orange - a serialization library

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 08:30:53 PDT 2010

== Quote from Jacob Carlborg (doob at me.com)'s article
> This if the first release of the Orange serialization library. Here is a
> short description of the library:
> Orange is a serialization library for D1 and D2, supporting both Tango
> and Phobos. It can serialize most of the available types in D, including
> third party types and can serialize through base class references. It
> supports fully automatic serialization of all supported types and also
> supports several ways to customize the serialization. Orange has a
> separate front end (the serializer) and back end (the archive) making it
> possible for the user to create new archive types that can be used with
> the existing serializer.
> http://dsource.org/projects/orange

Nice work!  I'll try it out eventually, but right now I've been too busy with
stuff that doesn't require serialization.  This is another nice little library
that would be useful to a lot of people but has "dependency hell" written all over
it if D users are generally required to go out and install small misc. pieces of
functionality like this themselves.  IMHO eventually serialization belongs in the
std. lib and seeing that Orange is Boost licensed, once some of the XML and
compiler issues are fixed, this may be a good candidate.