This just in: authorless TDPL becomes collector's edition

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:32:35 PDT 2010

On Wednesday, July 14, 2010 15:13:16 Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Maybe I should contact them and complain (about the problem, not that it
> loves you).

Well, they don't seem to think downloading the pdf is part of the deal - only
reading it online for the 30 days (which, of course, is pretty much useless).
Their response:

--------------
Thank you for contacting Safari Books.

I'm very sorry for the confusion. The coupon provided in the book is only to
read the book online and try out our service. the coupon does not include the
ability to download the book from the website. Unfortunately, due to
restrictions placed on us by the publisher, we can not make an electronic copy
of the book available in such a manner.

The line that you referenced is not supposed to be associated with the coupon
offer. Instead, it is a marketing piece to advertise our service with the coupon
being the chance to try it our for free.

Again, I'm very sorry for the confusion.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.