Code::Blocks 10.05

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:30:22 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:35, Matthias Pleh <matthias.pleh at gmx.at> wrote:

> I know, you can setup codeblocks as you need it. Almost everythink is
> adjustable. But my changes was thought to help newbies to use the IDE.

And that's a pretty good idea. I found CB easy to download and install and
much ligther than VS or Eclipse.

> And yeah, the changes are minor but a start. I thougth, after this changes
> has gone into trunk, I can improve other features, such as autocompletion,
> and so on, ...

And now, you're a bit stopped by them not integrating your patch..

> But it seems, that the development occures very slowly, and there are many
> open patches, not only my patch.

Maybe it's difficult for them to maintain energy and devotion (?) for many
years in a project where they have to 'fight' against visual studio,
eclipse, netbeans, Kdevelop, ...

But for now, I'm satisfied with VisualD.

Ugh, I gave it a try but couldn't even get it to compile a Hello World. And
my installation is completly run-of-the-mill. Too bad.