new layout on wiki4d

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 10:31:07 PDT 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:huj8co$odr$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Taken the words out of my mouth there.  I once came across this:
>>
>> http://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com/accessibility.asp
>> "Wiltshire Farm Foods has worked hard to make this site as accessible to
>> as many customers as possible, whether you have a disability or are simply
>> not using the latest technology."
>>

> I absolutely love this part: "or are simply not using the latest
> technology."

Indeed, you could well ask how you can have to work hard not to use any
of the ultra-modern features webmasters of the 90s had no trouble not using.

Though I suppose one challenge is remembering which features CSS had in
those days.

> One of my [many] huge pet peeves about the web is how there's
> so many sites out there that feel it's their duty to try to push/shame/scare
> people into using the alleged "latest and greatest".

I know.  Apparently some makers of lesser-known browsers even feel it's
their duty to try push/shame/scare people into using SOTA mass-market
browsers instead of their own.  Go figure.
http://webtips.dan.info/brand-x/intro.html
(Maybe I'll ask him if he has anything resembling a list of current
examples....)

Stewart.