SHOO's Time code -- conclusion

godobject god at hea.ven
Thu Jun 10 09:25:31 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:

> So to answer some questions/comments stated a few months ago:
>
> > have you thought about just asking the authors of the Tango code in
> > question?
>
> No, I hadn't, but I did.  Kris says no (comment).

What's the problem? If you can't use his code, write your own. Stop complaining. It's unproductive.

> > I would imagine they would say that they only see a minor resemblance in
> > the api and asking wouldn't even be necessary from their point of view.
>
> I guess your imagination was incorrect.  I don't know why, but Kris does
> not want a non-infringing reimplementation of Tango's time code in Phobos.

Why should he? He has invested much time on Tango and Tango was much better. Phobos was rebuild from scratch because of serious NIH syndrome by some weirdos. You're enforcing your stupid 'better than thou' attitude with the crap Boost license. The real work was already done. Your only contribution will be to spread the stupid intellectual property propaganda (attribution clause FUD). You can't beat the old work technically.

> "Even if you have good intentions, as I'm sure Shoo had, it is important
> to know this, there may be less forgiving actors out there."
>
> I guess I found one.

Yes you did.

> P.S., I will not respond to this thread except to make any
> clarifications/corrections.  I've said my share.

Good.