dmd 1.062 and 2.047 release

strtr strtr at sp.am
Tue Jun 15 16:58:23 PDT 2010

== Quote from BCS (none at anon.com)'s article
> Hello Walter,
> > strtr wrote:
> >
> >> It's the optimization :)
> >> Without -O compilation took only a few seconds!
> > Well, that explains it! Little attempt is made in the optimizer to
> > make it compile faster if that would interfere with generating faster
> > code.
> >
> How does 1.061 w/ -O compare to 1.062 w/ -O? If 62 is much slower that might
> be of interest.

That is exactly what I mentioned :?
Or did you mean w/o ?
In that case I don't much care it takes 5 or 10 seconds for thousands of lines of
code :)
(or, I don't know how to time dmd more precise than with my stopwatch when called
through bud :D)

Anyway, I kind of like that it takes longer now with optimization.
I haven't checked whether things actually got any faster, but it feels a bit like
in older games when it said:
"Optimizing X for your computer" or "Generating A.I."
:)