This just in: authorless TDPL becomes collector's edition

Mike James foo at bar.com
Tue Jun 22 03:44:27 PDT 2010

"Patrick Byrne" <pbyrne at frontier.co.uk> wrote in message
news:hvq1dr$30ek$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 22/06/2010 10:03, Mike James wrote:
>
>> When you get the book it has an access code to download the PDF book
>> from Safari. But you need the book first :-)
>
> Can you actually download the pdf? All I can see is the interactive
> browser - It is quite nice to use but I would much rather have a pdf file
> to take home with me, at the end of the day.

Yes you can download the PDF. If you look at the last page of TDPL there is
instructions. Basically you request a PDF and the PDF is generated with your
name and email address as a footer on each page. Safari then emails you the
webpage you can download it from. You just need to signup for the trial
period.

-=mike=-