D rpm packages for Linux

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 09:11:25 PDT 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:23:38 +0200, Jordi Sayol i Salomó wrote:

> With this sctructure, others packages can interact nicely with dmd now
> (one package) and in the future, because them will spect the
> "dmd.conf.manager" script on dmd package, and this do not change after
> split dmd.

My few comments.

I think dmd should be packaged as dmd-2. At least for a Debian repo I
couldn't find any way to store two versions for the same package.

Isn't Phobos more source than headers though, I mean the only "header" it
has is object.di and I don't even know why.

Is it important to have a compiler specific -dev? I realize compilers
don't like getting along, but what happens when phobos becomes a shared
library? I thought object files were suppose to be more "universal,"
doesn't libc6 work when using Digital Mars C++ compilers or does it have
its own?

Otherwise the tree looks fine.