Stack tracing assert for linux/D2

Jordi jordi at rovira.cat
Fri Mar 5 06:39:47 PST 2010

BCS wrote:
> I just created a module that generates stack traces on asserts (D2):
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/backtrace_assert/debugging.d
>

> Just compile and link it.
>
> It does have some not exactly ideal bits:
>
> -it won't work nicely unless you link with gcc and add the -rdynamic flag.
> -accessing some of the posix stuff fubared my link (unresolved
> ModuleInfos) so I had to add the prototypes directly (yuck)
> -it uses the c function dprintf that on some system does what I want
> (print to a low level file stream) and on some system does something
> totaly different.
> -it has the expected executable name and the location of addr2line hard
> coded
>
> (any ideas on how to fix these issues welcomed)

that would be great if i manage to make it work.... for now i get:

/usr/bin/ld: optind: TLS definition in
[...]/crosa/xfbuild/debug/core-sys-posix-unistd.o section .tbss
mismatches non-TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .data
/lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am using xfbuild, so i have to pass -L-export-dynamic instead of
"-rdynamic. I also have to use your hardcoded declarations, as some of
them "backtrace..." seem not to be in the druntime source.

But i am still fairly new with d, so i might have screwed anywhere else.

j.