dmd 1.057 and 2.041 release

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Mar 8 09:25:30 PST 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> Lots of meat and potatoes here, and a cookie! (spelling checker for
> error messages)
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.057.zip
>

> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.041.zip
>
> Thanks to the many people who contributed to this update!

A few changes that I made to Phobos and also put in the changelog don't
appear in this release because I forgot to commit changelog.dd itself.

     $(WHATSNEW
	$(LI string, wstring are now bidirectional (not random) ranges)
	$(LI std.algorithm: defined move with one argument; levenshtein
distance generalized to with all forward ranges; take now has swapped
arguments)
	$(LI std.array: empty for arrays is now a @property; front and back for
a string and wstring automatically decodes the first/last character;
popFront, popBack for string and wstring obey the UTF stride)
	$(LI std.conv: changed the default array formatting from "[a, b, c]" to
"a b c")
	$(LI std.range: swapped order of arguments in take)
	$(LI std.stdio: added readln template)
	$(LI std.variant: now works with statically-sized arrays and const data)
	$(LI std.traits: added isNarrowString)
     )

Andrei