dmd 1.057 and 2.041 release

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 11:44:30 PST 2010

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:36:41 -0500, Michal Minich
<michal.minich at gmail.com> wrote:

> assumeNoArrayReference does not express that there can be references to
> the original array before slice start. probably better expressing, if
> rather long name could be

Actually, you can have valid references up until the slice end.

> assumeNoOriginArrayReferencesPastSliceEnd
> assumeNoOriginArrayReferencesAfter

These are too long.  As much as this is an unsafe to-be-used-with-care
function, we don't want to torture those who need it :)  I prefer a name
with 1-3 terms in it.

> or probably somthing like this:
> unsafeDeletePastSlice

also a little long, and I don't like the term delete, it's not actually
deleting the memory.

-Steve