dmd 1.057 and 2.041 release

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 09:51:33 PST 2010

Steven Schveighoffer, el  8 de marzo a las 14:57 me escribiste:
> Tell me how you would parse the following text serialization string
> for a string[]:
>
> hello world how are you
>
> What if it was a string[][]?
>
> Compare that to:
>
> [hello world, [how are, you]]

What about [1, 2]?

> That is almost completely unambiguous (you still have to account for
> literal commas or brackets), whereas you have a multitude of choices
> with the first version.

It's not too hard to be completely unambiguous. Just print the stuff in
a way that is parseable for D:

["hello \"world\"", "nice \\"]
[1, 2, 3]
[1.0, 2.0, 3.0]

Thiis is good for both serialization and debugging (it' unambiguous,
mandatory for serialization, and a littl verbose but clear for debugging).
And if sometime in the future we get a D parser in the stdlib,
deserialization is trivial =).