D for Xcode 1.2

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Mar 22 14:08:41 PDT 2010

On 2010-03-22 14:41:45 -0400, Nekuromento <necroment at gmail.com> said:

> Great! Thank you for your efforts!
>
> Btw, is there any progress with your D to Objective-C bridge ?

Well, I made the necessary changes to make it compile with DMD, and I
think I got it to work on Leopard, but right now it's crashing on Snow
Leopard for some reasons hard to figure out. GDB not working right with
DMD-generated code doesn't help working on this.

I'm not sure if I should continue working on the D 1.0 branch of if I
should jump directly to D 2.0 for future development. Porting it to D
2.0 would also be a good opportunity to add support for the Objective-C
2.0 "advanced" runtime. Because it only supports the 1.0 "legacy"
runtime, the current bridge wouldn't work with Cocoa 64-bit, or on an
iPhone, assuming we had a the proper backends and D runtime to go with
it.

You can look at the current state by fetching from the git repository.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/