DDebber Request for Review

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:32:52 PDT 2010

I would like to announce DDebber.

http://dsource.org/projects/ddebber

This program will generate a .deb package from a Digital Mars zip file. Two packages are generated, an i386 version and amd64. The amd64 packages does not contain a 64bit compiler, but depends on the needed 32bit libraries.

I'm interested in feed back as to whether the program works for others. What is missing unclear from the documentation (I need to clean it up). And if there are any issues with the package generated.

I'm also interested to hear from those using a Debian based system and don't install via .deb, what has been stopping you?

Walter,

    I have a few things that need to be finished, but what would it take to get you to use this when you go to publish a new version of dmd? I really want to split the zip into several packages, what would it take for Digital Mars to host a repository? If the program could also build packages for programs/libraries like Descent, would they be hosted on the Official D site?