DDebber Request for Review

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:10:56 PDT 2010

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Jesse Phillips wrote:
> > I would like to announce DDebber.
> >
> > http://dsource.org/projects/ddebber
>

> Looks like we have an embarrassment of riches here. Jordi Sayol i Salomó has
> sent me a shell script to do it, and Cristi has contributed a script to do it
> that is in http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd-installer

I know of dmd-installer, at least as a Windows installer. The README in rpm explains how to build a DEB?

One thing DDebber is going for is building a package that could be accepted in the main Debian repo if the license didn't prevent this. I really want  a libphobos which is needed when it becomes a shared library (could actually be in the official repositories when that happens :)

If you have a script you are happy with and don't want to go the repository route, I'll see if I can get the Tango repository to distribute it once Tango is also packaged.