dmd 1.060 and 2.045 release

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Wed May 5 12:49:05 PDT 2010

On 05/05/10 20:36, Robert Clipsham wrote:
> On 04/05/10 20:43, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Yes, do it!
>
> http://dwarfstd.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=100504.1
>
> Please feel free to comment on it/make corrections :)

"This has been assigned issue #100504.1.

We are not accepting extension proposals for DWARF Version 4,
but will consider this for the next version."

Looks like we'll have to wait a while for its inclusion. In the mean
time could I suggest we move the DW_TAG's of dmd's extensions to the
area of the spec specified for language specific extensions? I'm not
sure if this was specified in DWARF 2 which dmd uses, or what the range
is (I don't have the spec to hand), but it would be good not to conflict
with DWARF 4.

Another good idea could be to decide how else DWARF could be extended to
help with debug info so we have more chance of getting some useful
things for debugging into DWARF 5.