dmd 1.060 and 2.045 release

Alex Makhotin alex at bitprox.com
Wed May 5 16:32:39 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> This is to fix the unittest and dwarf screwups in the last release.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.060.zip
>

> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.045.zip

Hi,

The fixes are good but when I compile, for example, the following
simplified code:

import std.stdio;
import core.sync.condition;
import core.sync.mutex;
import std.contracts;
import std.regex;
import std.date;

void foo(int x, int y)
{
	currentPipedProcessWhateverYouLike = new PipedProcessWhateverYouLike();
}

It takes ~40 seconds 50% load on the dual core processor(CentOS 5.3
kernel 2.6.32.4), to get the actual error messages about the undefined
identifier.

As I said this example is simplified and I need to wait more in the real
project, while compiling the BDE itself, eventually I kill the never
ending dmd process and go back to the v2.043 which has no such problem.

I guess the problem is a spell checker. It would be much better to make
this feature optional(if this is the problem), if this cannot be done in
other way.

Alex Makhotin,
the founder of BITPROX,
http://bitprox.com