dmd 1.060 and 2.045 release

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Sat May 8 23:11:21 PDT 2010

On 7-5-2010 12:01, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> On 7-5-2010 9:10, Brad Roberts wrote:

>>> and especially this line:
>>>
>>> # If we are only interested in the distance if it is smaller than a
>>> threshold k, then it suffices to compute a diagonal stripe of width 2k+1
>>> in the matrix. In this way, the algorithm can be run in O(kl) time,
>>> where l is the length of the shortest string.
>>
>> The source for this is pretty isolated.. anyone want to volunteer take a
>> shot at improving this part of dmd?
>>
>> Later,
>> Brad
> I see, speller.c, I'll have a look..

I'm in the middle of moving from one city to another so don't wait for
me. I have attached the D version of the code in the wikipedia article
(including the patch for transpositions.)

It's not straightforward to drop this in (apart from it being in D),
since speller.c creates all variations on a string (=inefficient) and
uses a callback function to check if a variation is a valid symbol.

I'll have more time to look at this next week.

L.