dmd 1.060 and 2.045 release

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 09:23:18 PDT 2010

On Mon, 10 May 2010 11:41:08 -0400, BCS <none at anon.com> wrote:

> Hello Steven,
>
>> Several others have privately brought up this problem to Walter. He
>> does not want to change how the symbol lookup tables work, and there
>> is no way to iterate them.
>>

> Is it fundamentally impossible to iterate or is the code just not there
> and/or nasty to write?

I can only speculate, but I would guess the latter.  What I can think of
is there may be multiple keys for the same symbol (for example alises, or
fully qualified names).  But even those should be enumerable.

I think the tables themselves are simple hash-maps, but the layers and
shadowing is where the problems lie.  I don't have a very educated opinion
on this, so it may be something else entirely.

-Steve