I rewrite std.time for Phobos

SHOO zan77137 at nifty.com
Thu May 13 07:42:56 PDT 2010

SHOO さんは書きました:
> I make std.time module for Phobos. This module provides Time, Span,
> Clock, StopWatch and some utility functions for time operation.
> I hope combine this module to Phobos instead of std.date.
>
> download is here:
> 	http://j.mp/95aS1K (== http://dusers.dip.jp/ ... /time.d)
> 	http://j.mp/9p5DDu (patch for Phobos's trunk r1481)
> 	http://ideone.com/eiQ19 (for code view)
>
> Besides, is there the necessary function? (This module lacks the
> daylight saving time handling, because of a lack of my understanding.)
>

> I talk about the process that reached making...
>
> Tango is great library for D1. I am Tango user and I am indebted to
> Tango well. But Tango has some probrems.
>
> - Tango's license is BSD lisence or AFL. This license is incompatible to
> Phobos's Boost license.
> - The specification is disregarded, for example Object.dispose and string.
> - Tango supports only D1
> - In particular, deep regret is to have split resources of D into two
> halves.
>
> If possible, I want to migrate to D2. And I want to be separated from
> Tango. However, some functions are insufficient for Phobos compared with
> Tango.
> The std.date module is one of the list of dissatisfaction to Phobos.
> I summarize my (and some of Japanese users's) opinion following:
>
> - I want to handle it as another thing for the time and the time span.
> - I want a more structural class for time operating.
> - std.date is a bit buggy...
>
> By these reasons, I made std.time module as the first step of the
> contribution for Phobos.

Too late to update std.time, but...

My old code was represented infringing Tango's license.
(See:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/announce/Masahiro_Nakagawa_and_SHOO_invited_to_join_Phobos_developers_18108.html
)

Therefore, I checked and rewrote some codes for excluding code that may
infringe Tango.

This: http://ideone.com/M2zB7

I checked it carefully. And I clarified an origin of source of all
cords. (Check "Note:" tags.)
I hereby made clear that this module does not include the cord which
infringes Tango.

The interface referred to ptime and time_duration of Boost. (I think
others are rather complicating for standard library.)
By this reason, I changed some names. (Span to Duration)

If this contribution is turned down, I give up std.time.