I rewrite std.time for Phobos

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Fri May 14 18:01:10 PDT 2010

Thu, 13 May 2010 14:37:58 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> First, I hope this can be included, it looks like very solid code.
>> Second, if it cannot be included, I hope this does not dissuade you
>> from contributing to Phobos for other modules.
>

> Basically, the next time there's a suggestion of infringement from
> anyone, I'd like a specific list of the lines of source that are
> infringing. I don't think there's any reasonable way to deal with it
> otherwise. It shouldn't be necessary to guess what those lines might be.

You can have long lasting legal battles even without clearly specifying
the infringing lines of code. You've probably heard of SCO (a Microsoft's
sockpuppet company) and the claims about origins of infringing UNIX/Linux
kernel (version 2.7) code. That's also how patent FUD works. They say
that Linux infringes 107 instances of their intellectual property gems,
i.e. patents.