dmd 1.061 and 2.046 release

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat May 15 04:57:38 PDT 2010

Walter Bright:
> I know the hardcoding is probably not the best, but I wanted to try it out to
> see if it was a good feature before committing a lot of work to it.

In general I approve the idea of doing similar experiments. Often you have enough information to choose well only when you try a feature.

Regarding the stack trace, I don't like the idea of having it only in debug mode. I like to always (on default) have a stack trace when there is an error, but when the code is compiled in release mode. So you tell the compiler when you don't want the stack trace, instead of the opposite.

Bye,
bearophile