dmd 1.061 and 2.046 release

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat May 15 10:27:25 PDT 2010

Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 5/15/10 11:00, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Apple's web site isn't much better, it's got to be the most hard to read
>> site I've ever encountered. The text is a faint grey on white, of all
>> things, and the font is so poorly rendered my eyes turn red and painful
>> after a while reading it. I have to actually select the text in order to
>> read it. I find this astonishing, am I doing something wrong?
>
> Looking at Apple's developer site and the API reference, for me the body
> of the text is black using firefox, some minor parts are in gray.

I'm using firefox. Even on their main developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action,
most of the text is light grey on white.

Now click on "getting started documents", which brings you to a page that will
not render in Explorer or Firefox, only Safari.

In the docs themselves, a very light blue font is used for links that is
illegible. The code examples in the docs are even lighter grey on white. Couple
this with the unusually small font used, and it's literally painful to read.

For a company that prides itself on excellent readability, I am astonished, and
I can't believe I'm the only one with problems reading their pages.