dmd 1.061 and 2.046 release

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon May 17 11:19:32 PDT 2010

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:hsqv52$18c0$1 at digitalmars.com...
> linux user:
>>Zip supports the executable flag but for some reason the compiler has
>>negative attitude towards Linux users. Maybe it's supposed to boost the
>>sales of the Windows port?<
>
> The situation is different. It's for LLVM and GCC that Windows users look
> like third-class citizens. What you are seeing is just DMD being a bit
> more fair.

I'm of the firm optinion that any app that requires MSYS or MinGW to work on
Windows is no more cross-platform than an app that requires Wine to run on
Linux. Less so, in fact, since MSYS and MinGW are a royal f*&*&^% pain in
the ass, and Wine isn't (not to the same degree, anyway).

And then with LLVM, it goes another step further what with Windows
exceptions continuing to be ignored. <paranoia and fud>Well, it *is* backed
by Apple...</paranoia and fud>