cv2pdb 0.12 released

Alex Makhotin alex at bitprox.com
Tue May 18 15:53:35 PDT 2010

Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> cv2pdb normally uses the VS registration path to locate the DLL and its
> dependent files.
> mspdb80.dll itself depends on the mspdbsrv.exe which needs at least
> msobj80.dll, mspdbcore.dll and msvcr90.dll (this is what process
> explorer tells me).
>
> please post, if you can isolate the necessary files, so I can update the
> project-site with the information.

> windows7 should not be a problem, but it does not work with vs2010, as
> it provides only an incompatible mspdb100.dll.

I have indeed installed the VS20100 Express(C++/C#) + SDK + Debugging
Tools for Windows.
But, I don't know if the files present on disk are from
the express installation because I don't have anything else installed
except mingw32+msys.
Anyway, the files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\IDE
mspdbsrv.exe
msobj80.dll
mspdb80.dll
mspdbcore.dll

Yes, I copied all the files, including the exe file, which is as I
understand is a COM in-process server. The PDB file generated
successfully, however I didn't checked the validity of it yet.
So as it supposed to work in my case I don't need the registration(not
to pollute my registry) by regsvr32, just copied the files.

Thank you for reply.

--
Alex Makhotin,
the founder of BITPROX,